CEO Maria Adebowale-Schwarte speaks at “Paying for Public Projects in a Covid World”
On 19 November 2020, Foundation for Future London’s CEO Maria Adebowale-Schwarte joined a #LearningFromCrisis roundtable on funding critical projects post-Covid, organised by Future of London, a network to build better cities through knowledge, networks and leadership – across disciplines, organisations and sectors.
Future of London’s Executive Director Lisa Taylor invited a range of speakers to share insight on navigating shrinking budgets, the looming EU void, skills challenges and emerging funding sources.
- Maria Adebowale-Schwarte, CEO, Foundation for Future London
- Craig Blatchford, Head of Planning, Montagu Evans
- Gemma Bourne, Investment Director, Big Society Capital
- Pete Gladwell, Head of Public Sector Partnerships, Legal & General
- Alice Lester MBE, Operational Director, Regeneration, Growth & Employment, LB Brent
- Peter Matthew, Executive Director, Planning, Housing & Communities, LB Hounslow
- Bek Seeley, Managing Director, Development, Lendlease Europe
- Tony Travers, Professor & Director of LSE London
- Sarah Wilks, Infrastructure Programmes Team Leader, LB Tower Hamlets; former TfL Borough CIL Lead
- Lisa Taylor, Executive Director, Future of London and Director, Coherent Cities (moderator)
Future of London helps build better cities through knowledge, networks and leadership – across disciplines, organisations and sectors. We are the capital’s independent network for regeneration, housing, infrastructure and economic development practitioners, with 4,800+ professionals using Future of London as a hub for sector intelligence, connection and professional development, and a mandate to prepare the next wave of cross-sector city leaders.
In case you missed the event, you can watch it again from the start or from where Maria first speaks, as presented here. Learn about the work of the Foundation as funder and fundraiser, the impact we seek to make on the lives of people of East London in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest, our incredible partner supporters — and where we’re headed next.