London’s Ecocity World Summit 2023 names Maria Adebowale-Schwarte as Ambassador
The Foundation’s CEO Maria Adebowale-Schwarte has been named as one of nine Ambassadors for the 2023 Ecocity World Summit, bringing in expertise in inclusive design and placemaking, communities, environment and sustainable development practice.
The hybrid London Summit will take place on 6-8 June 2023, at the Barbican Centre. It will bring together a network of academics, innovators, professionals, activists, and political leaders from across the world.
The Ecocity Ambassadors represent organisations that are an integral part of the 2023 summit, alongside key industry figures that will support the ambition to connect different sectors and communities.
- Maria Adebowale-Schwarte | Foundation for Future London
- Peter Murray OBE | New London Architecture
- Clara Bagenal George | Elementa Consulting
- Philip Glanville | London Councils
- Shravan Joshi MBE | City of London Corporation
- Judy Ling Wong CBE | Black Environment Network
- Jules Pipe CBE | Greater London Authority
- Laura Citron | London & Partners
- Rosa Rogina | London Festival of Architecture
About 2023 Ecocity World Summit
The theme for Ecocity 2023 is Connecting Communities will investigate the critical role of collaboration in creating sustainable cities of the future.
The London Festival of Architecture 2023 alongside a learning programme will provide a platform to engage the public in key themes tackled at the summit.
The 2023 Summit aims to support collaboration across sectors, disciplines, localities, cultures, communities and economies, in tackling global social, economic, placemaking and environmental issues.
The Summit’s programme will be centred around four key topic areas:
- Biodiversity, how can we restore and sustain ecological integrity through species and ecosystem diversity, locally and globally?
- New lifestyles, how can culture, new technology, urban design and governance enable sustainable behaviours and a healthy and equitable future?
- Regenerative design, how can we design, build and operate our buildings and urban places to have a net-positive impact on our environment?
- Healthy ecosystems, how can we responsibly manage our natural and material resources to sustain healthy and restorative systems?
Ecocity 2023’s mission is to gather and grow a network of urban stakeholders supporting sustainable futures; disseminate learnings and intelligence between cities and city-makers; provide a forum to challenge existing urban systems, policies, and priorities; inspire collaborations that support participants to act on key targets; and ultimately to leave a legacy in London through partner pilots and a learning programme.
London Ecocity World Summit is led by New London Architecture in partnership with London & Partners, the Barbican Centre, professional conference organisers MCI and Ecocity Builders.
For more information, see ecocity-summit.com.